Saturday, June 23rd, starting at 1:00 PM, at SEIU 300 S. Ashland Avenue, Chicago
Various civic organizations from across the city have united and pledged to watch closely any attempt of Mayor Rahm Emanuel to use of the Investment Trust for making infrastructure improvements. The controversial amendment passed the City Council in April. Members of the group agree that the trust lacks sufficient oversight to protect taxpayers’ dollars.
There will be a program, free and open to the public, to educate residents of the city about privatization, sale of Infrastructure, and the inherent dangers of the Investment Trust. The event will feature a panel of speakers, and a presentation, on Saturday, June 23rd, starting at 1:00 PM, at 300 S. Ashland Avenue, Chicago.
1:00 pm. Welcome/Introduction
1:15 – 3:00 pm. Panel presentation, followed by Q & A and Open Discussion.
- Matt Brandon, SEIU, Local 73
- Jesse Sharkey, Vice President, Chicago Teachers Union Local 1
- Emily Carroll, Food & Water Watch
- N’Dana Carter, S.T.O.P., on closings of Health Centers
3:00 – 3:20 pm – Tom Tresser – “Privatization is the Symptom – NOT the Cure” – What is behind the push behind privatization and what we can do about it. Tom was a lead organizer of the No Games Chicago campaign and has been fighting privatization efforts here for years.
3:20 – 4:00 pm Networking Breakout groups with a focus on moving toward actionable proposals/Report Back,
- 708-447-1547 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 312-714-7790 email@example.com
- 773-504-1580 firstname.lastname@example.org
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Get Our Newsletter
Sign Our Petition – Support The Bill for a State Bank
Connect With Us!
Table of Contents
- Nationalize the Federal Reserve
- Alaska could walk away from Wall Street with a public bank of its own
- PBI Newsletter, November/December 2013 – Stemming the Transfer of Wealth from Main Street to Wall Street with Publicly-Owned Banks
- Public Banking Forum of Ireland: Press Release, 2 December 2013
- From the Progressive! Public Banking Is the Answer
- RT News: Ellen Brown on Public Banking and Costa Rican Banking System
- 10 year old explains the truth about where money comes from…
- The Bank Guarantee That Bankrupted Ireland
- VIDEO: Time to think outside the box – Public Banking – Ellen Brown’s talk in Athlone, Ireland
- Wall Street Predators And Con Men… Or Public Banking?