Listen to this informative interview with political scientist and expert on the commons, Gar Alperovitz, who makes the point that once the public bails out giant companies like AIG or Citicorp, then we might as well get voting stock and turn them into public benefit utilities and NOT return control to the same people who crashed the system (while making billions in pay and bonuses).
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Get Our Newsletter
Sign Our Petition – Support The Bill for a State Bank
Connect With Us!
Table of Contents
- Join us! June 2-4, San Rafael, CA! Two evening events plus the PBI 2013 Public Banking Conference!
- Bail-out Is Out, Bail-in Is In: Time for Some Publicly-Owned Banks
- PBI Newsletter, April 2013: Artificial Scarcity and Public Banking
- The People’s Bank
- PBI’s Annual Public Banking Conference 2013, June 2-4, 2013, San Rafael, CA. Please join us!
- Creating a Finance System That Serves the People, Part II: Remaking the Federal Reserve, Building Public Banks and Opting Out of Wall Street
- Before Next Crash, Create Finance System That Serves Public, Part I: Shrink, Regulate Banks, and Enforce Law
- Britain’s Post Office to offer current (bank) accounts
- It Can Happen Here: The Confiscation Scheme Planned for US and UK Depositors
- School districts pay dearly for bonds…ANOTHER reason for publicly-owned banks!