Listen to this informative interview with political scientist and expert on the commons, Gar Alperovitz, who makes the point that once the public bails out giant companies like AIG or Citicorp, then we might as well get voting stock and turn them into public benefit utilities and NOT return control to the same people who crashed the system (while making billions in pay and bonuses).
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Get Our Newsletter
Sign Our Petition – Support The Bill for a State Bank
Connect With Us!
Table of Contents
- In Show of DIRECT Democracy, Vermont Pushes for Public Bank
- Post Office Banking Could Be the Start of Something Big
- A whole new pot of money for entrepreneurs? Time for a state-owned bank!
- Montana Group says state-owned bank could help students, farmers
- Enough Is Enough: Fraud-Ridden Banks Are Not L.A.’s Only Option
- Is Postal Banking Already Legal? Yes.
- Prosperity For Main Street, Not Wall Street
- The Post Office Should Just Become a Bank: How Obama can save USPS and ding check-cashing joints
- Elizabeth Warren: Coming to a Post Office Near You: Loans You Can Trust?
- Vermonters for a New Economy, Final State Bank Study