A new report from People for the American Way, “Predatory Privatization: Exploiting Financial Hardship, Enriching the One Percent, Undermining Democracy,” says it all in its title!
“Privatization is almost always promoted as a way to save money, improve services, and shake up unaccountable bureaucracies. But in reality, privatization often fails on all counts. Privatization plans can cost government and taxpayers more money, limit accountability and transparency, and leave people who depend on public services worse off.”
Don’t we in Chicago know this all TOO WELL! Sign our online petition – “Say NO to privatization!”
From the report’s back cover:
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Get Our Newsletter
Sign Our Petition – Support The Bill for a State Bank
Connect With Us!
Table of Contents
- Join us! June 2-4, San Rafael, CA! Two evening events plus the PBI 2013 Public Banking Conference!
- Bail-out Is Out, Bail-in Is In: Time for Some Publicly-Owned Banks
- PBI Newsletter, April 2013: Artificial Scarcity and Public Banking
- The People’s Bank
- PBI’s Annual Public Banking Conference 2013, June 2-4, 2013, San Rafael, CA. Please join us!
- Creating a Finance System That Serves the People, Part II: Remaking the Federal Reserve, Building Public Banks and Opting Out of Wall Street
- Before Next Crash, Create Finance System That Serves Public, Part I: Shrink, Regulate Banks, and Enforce Law
- Britain’s Post Office to offer current (bank) accounts
- It Can Happen Here: The Confiscation Scheme Planned for US and UK Depositors
- School districts pay dearly for bonds…ANOTHER reason for publicly-owned banks!