A new report from People for the American Way, “Predatory Privatization: Exploiting Financial Hardship, Enriching the One Percent, Undermining Democracy,” says it all in its title!
“Privatization is almost always promoted as a way to save money, improve services, and shake up unaccountable bureaucracies. But in reality, privatization often fails on all counts. Privatization plans can cost government and taxpayers more money, limit accountability and transparency, and leave people who depend on public services worse off.”
Don’t we in Chicago know this all TOO WELL! Sign our online petition – “Say NO to privatization!”
From the report’s back cover:
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Get Our Newsletter
Sign Our Petition – Support The Bill for a State Bank
Connect With Us!
Table of Contents
- In Show of DIRECT Democracy, Vermont Pushes for Public Bank
- Post Office Banking Could Be the Start of Something Big
- A whole new pot of money for entrepreneurs? Time for a state-owned bank!
- Montana Group says state-owned bank could help students, farmers
- Enough Is Enough: Fraud-Ridden Banks Are Not L.A.’s Only Option
- Is Postal Banking Already Legal? Yes.
- Prosperity For Main Street, Not Wall Street
- The Post Office Should Just Become a Bank: How Obama can save USPS and ding check-cashing joints
- Elizabeth Warren: Coming to a Post Office Near You: Loans You Can Trust?
- Vermonters for a New Economy, Final State Bank Study