A new report from People for the American Way, “Predatory Privatization: Exploiting Financial Hardship, Enriching the One Percent, Undermining Democracy,” says it all in its title!
“Privatization is almost always promoted as a way to save money, improve services, and shake up unaccountable bureaucracies. But in reality, privatization often fails on all counts. Privatization plans can cost government and taxpayers more money, limit accountability and transparency, and leave people who depend on public services worse off.”
Don’t we in Chicago know this all TOO WELL! Sign our online petition – “Say NO to privatization!”
From the report’s back cover:
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Get Our Newsletter
Sign Our Petition – Support The Bill for a State Bank
Connect With Us!
Table of Contents
- Banking Union Time Bomb: Eurocrats Authorize Bailouts AND Bail-Ins
- County-owned bank prospect stirs debate at council meeting
- County-owned bank could ease money issues
- The truth is out: money is just an IOU, and the banks are rolling in it
- How USPS Could Save the Economy, Change Your Life
- What North Dakota’s Public Bank Does for Small Businesses
- 15 Vermont Towns Say Yes To Creating A Public State Bank
- Vermont Votes for Public Banking
- In Show of DIRECT Democracy, Vermont Pushes for Public Bank
- Post Office Banking Could Be the Start of Something Big