A new report from People for the American Way, “Predatory Privatization: Exploiting Financial Hardship, Enriching the One Percent, Undermining Democracy,” says it all in its title!
“Privatization is almost always promoted as a way to save money, improve services, and shake up unaccountable bureaucracies. But in reality, privatization often fails on all counts. Privatization plans can cost government and taxpayers more money, limit accountability and transparency, and leave people who depend on public services worse off.”
Don’t we in Chicago know this all TOO WELL! Sign our online petition – “Say NO to privatization!”
From the report’s back cover:
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Get Our Newsletter
Sign Our Petition – Support The Bill for a State Bank
Connect With Us!
Table of Contents
- Nationalize the Federal Reserve
- Alaska could walk away from Wall Street with a public bank of its own
- PBI Newsletter, November/December 2013 – Stemming the Transfer of Wealth from Main Street to Wall Street with Publicly-Owned Banks
- Public Banking Forum of Ireland: Press Release, 2 December 2013
- From the Progressive! Public Banking Is the Answer
- RT News: Ellen Brown on Public Banking and Costa Rican Banking System
- 10 year old explains the truth about where money comes from…
- The Bank Guarantee That Bankrupted Ireland
- VIDEO: Time to think outside the box – Public Banking – Ellen Brown’s talk in Athlone, Ireland
- Wall Street Predators And Con Men… Or Public Banking?